mercredi 12 mai 2010

Article 2: the alcohol importance on camp.


As the majority of people on camp are British the Binge Drinking culture was clearly important. I am the last one to make cliches but the British team of counselor was clearly fond of it.

In New York anyone who was talking of alcohol or drinking during camp session was fired which was not the case in Camp Kysoc. As many “illegal drinking parties” took place on camp. People were gathering in deserted cabins like ”whuhuhu” or on the boat to drink and get as drunk as they could. When I asked Graham one of my co workers “Why are you drinking on camp? Why are you drunk? Isn’t that forbidden?” he answered “don’t worry the director is on the other side of the bridge!”

I felt sorry for the counselors when I heard this. The campers were still asleep while they were all having their drinks. And bottles of alcohol were left everywhere in the staff Lodge where campers could go as the door was always left open.

Counselors were speaking about how drunk they will be during the next week end off with campers around.

One day I went to the nature lodge to pick up my luggage I left there on the first day, I opened the door, about 5 bottles of spirits were “hidden” on the right corner of the room. I put them away to get my luggage. This cabin was left opened all day, all week. That is to say that if a camper would wish to, he could have access to these 5 bottles of spirits…. And same thing for the cabin “Whuhuhu” where counselors were having their drinking parties, bottles were left, most of them were empty but not all of them….

NB: the bottles on the picture….

1 commentaire:

  1. Excuse me Ghislain, could you please remove the photograph you have used as PROOF we drank alcohol around campers? As this photo was taken on a weekend, the 4th of July which was not a working weekend. We had permission to use the boat to watch the fireworks. Unless you have photographs of people consuming alcohol whilst in the company of campers then by all means use them but by using this photograph you are misleading readers into thinking we were consuming alcohol whilst working.

    RépondreSupprimer